- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, ability to build rapport quickly and efficiently
- Closing skills, motivation for sales and for meeting sales goals
- Identification of customer needs and challenges, selling to customer needs
- Presentation and public speaking skills
- High energy level
- Proficiency in English
- Negotiation and persuasion skills
- Superior time management and organizational skills
- Ability to provide leaderships to a team of sales people
- Creativity and innovative approach to market segments through understanding the market dynamics
- BSc/BA in business administration, sales or relevant field
- At least 3 years of business development experience
- In-depth knowledge of the lending and/or B2B software industry is a big plus
New Business Development
- Ensure a robust pipeline of opportunities.
- Prospect for potential new clients and turn this into increased business.
- Meet potential clients by growing, maintaining, and leveraging your network. Research and build relationships with new clients.
- Plan approaches and pitches. Work with team to develop persuasive approaches and proposals that speaks to the client’s needs, concerns, and objectives.
- Handle objections by clarifying, emphasizing agreements and working through differences to a positive conclusion. Use a variety of styles to persuade or negotiate appropriately.
- Identify opportunities for campaigns, services, and distribution channels that will lead to an increase in sales.
- Using knowledge of the market and competitors, identify and develop the company’s unique selling propositions and differentiators.
Management and Research
- Understand the company’s goal and purpose so that will continual to enhance the company’s performance.
- Ensure that data is accurately entered and managed within the company’s CRM.
- Forecast sales targets and ensure they are met by the team.
- Track and record activity on accounts and help to close deals to meet these targets.
- Ensure all team members represent the company in the best light.
- Present business development training and mentoring to sales managers and other staff.
- Research and develop a thorough understanding of the company’s people and capabilities.
- Improve company market position and achieve financial growth
- Develop a growth strategy focused both on financial gain and customer satisfaction
- Conduct research to identify new market segments and customer needs